Asif Velani, founder of Aperture Biopharma brings over 25 years of healthcare experience to answer your market access questions. Asif has held executive positions in both large and small biopharma companies, and as a senior expert with McKinsey served a diverse set of clients on critical strategic business problems in healthcare. Asif brings a unique perspective to Aperture’s mission, leveraging both an MBA and expertise as a clinical pharmacist he can bridge both clinical and business, operational and strategic challenges.
A tenacious problem solver, Asif is adept at tackling healthcare's most complex business challenges and can work effectively across organizations to gain internal buy-in and engagement.
Asif has previously held commercial and clinical positions including:
- Head of Market Access for Puma Biotechnology
- Senior Expert Value and Access, Pharmaceuticals, and Medical Products for McKinsey
- Director of Strategic Pricing and Contracting for Genentech
- National Director of Pharmacy Pricing and Analytics for Shoppers Drug Mart
- Clinical Pharmacist – Regional Rehabilitation, St. Joseph’s Hospital
Asif’s therapeutic expertise includes:
- Rare Diseases
- Liver diseases
- Specialty drugs
- Pain management
To learn more about what Aperture Biopharma can do for you, please get in touch.