Aperture: A focus on winning strategies in market access.
The following case studies represent the expression of APERTURE's core competencies.
Other engagements and relevant project work:
- Developed pricing, reimbursement, and access plan for a new specialty immunology entrant that led to the overhaul of a previous pricing and positioning plan while setting a more ambitious go-to-market strategy.
- Increased market share of a medical device player by three percent by improving strategic account management. This included better deal vetting, initiating new contracting strategies, and deploying improved account planning tools.
- Guided new biopharma in identifying potential pricing and access options for their first branded specialty drug.
- Coordinated the medical affairs, HEOR, development teams, and global market access functions of a mid-sized biopharma to incorporate market access and evidence generation into lifecycle planning.
- Implemented a comprehensive patient support program, including determination of co-pay support level, PAP eligibility criteria, and patient access foundations.
- Guided the U.S. launch pricing work for six NMEs and multiple line extensions in various therapeutic areas.
- Introduced payer, provider, and GPO contracting strategies into a number of multiple therapeutic areas including primary care (e.g., neurology and osteoporosis) and specialty care (e.g., oncology and immunology).
- Developed and implemented a biosimilar defense strategy for medical benefit products.
- Managed two cross-functional teams for a mid-sized biotech, Global and US, Value and Access Strategy in preparation for a launch in a new indication for a new product launch including strategic plan and roadmap (US and Global), led ICER engagement cross-functional team, team organization structure and job functions, and pricing and contracting strategy
- Led a team of consultants in building US contracting capabilities for a small biotech
- Assisted top five global biopharma stand up their US market access strategy and operations function
- Facilitated payer interviews for an ophthalmology startup to determine commercial potential for a new asset in development in support for business development discussions
- Assisted large biopharma company assess and evolve their global pricing and market access organization and position it for success for the future through process improvement including elements of pricing governance, and organizational redesign and capability enhancing approaches.